The third interview in the ‘Women in Ministry’ series. Elaine Pentland is an ordinand in her second year at the Church of Ireland Theological Institute (CITI) and her home parish is Kilmore and Inch. Elaine entered college after a 20–year nursing career, 10 of which were spent on the front line. She has been married to SydneyContinue reading “Women in ministry – The Ordinand”
The Church of Ireland’s bishops in Northern Ireland have announced a ‘cautious and careful return’ to in–person worship from Good Friday, 2 April 2021. The statement in full: Last year on St Patrick’s Day, advice was issued to all our clergy with the unprecedented instruction that in the light of evolving Government advice, until furtherContinue reading “Bishops’ Statement in Relation to Public Worship”
A reminder that you are invited to join with our friends at St Marks’s Church, Dundela, Belfast for our new study series on Finding Hope: The Gospel of John. Three Zoom gatherings on Wednesdays, starting 8.00pm on 17 March. Contact the Rector for login details.
Online events and resources for St Patrick’s Day, Wednesday 17 March …
Thirty years on from the ordination of the first female priest in the Church of Ireland, a series featuring four women in ordained and lay ministry in the diocese. Rachel Irish–Colligan is a licensed Diocesan Evangelist and has been the Community Outreach Worker in Mount Merrion Church in Belfast for the past four years. It’sContinue reading “Women in ministry – The Diocesan Evangelist”
Today we celebrate mothers, family life and our adoption into the family of our loving heavenly Father.
Census Day is Sunday 21st March and we want to encourage you to participate. This vital collection of information happens only once every ten years and gives a picture of all the people and households in Northern Ireland. The data collected is used to help make decisions about how vital public services such as education,Continue reading “The Census is here”
It’s Lent, but cast your mind back to Advent and Bishop David’s request to parishes to set aside Advent Sunday, 29 November 2020, as a special Gift Day. 80% of what was given went towards local parish projects (at the discretion of each Select Vestry), and the remaining 20% was to be equally divided between ourContinue reading “Thank you for your generosity!”
The Archbishops of the Church of Ireland have issued the following statement in support of the Covid–19 vaccination programmes in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland: “We encourage all Church of Ireland members to take up the opportunity offered by the Covid–19 vaccination programmes currently being rolled out across the island of Ireland. WeContinue reading “Archbishops support vaccination programmes”
We’re really excited to share a Muddy Trail for St Patricks Day specially created for the diocese by the founder of Muddy Church, Lucie Hutson. The Muddy St Patrick’s Prayer Trail has five pages that walk us through The Prayer of St Patrick’s Breastplate and invite us to pause and think of what this means forContinue reading “A Muddy Prayer Trail”
Thirty years on from the ordination of the first female priest in the Church of Ireland, follow this short series featuring four women in ordained and lay ministry in the Diocese of Down and Dromore. Revd Emma Rutherford has been the rector of St Molua’s Church in the Parish of Stormont, in East Belfast sinceContinue reading “Women in Ministry – The Rector”
Announcing the Diocese’s upcoming Prayer Pilgrimage film inspired by Patrick’s journey from slave to fearless missionary. Shot amidst the stunning scenery surrounding Downpatrick, pilgrim Glynis Matchett will lead us in prayer as we reflect on Patrick’s faith and passion for the Gospel. We hope you will participate in this virtual pilgrimage as COVID restrictions meanContinue reading “Prayer Pilgrimage for St Patrick’s Day”
Alpha is a wonderful course designed to explore the Christian faith. You can register now to explore the big questions of life from the comfort of your own home at the Dioceses’s next online Alpha. Running weekly at 7.30 pm from Thursday 15 April to Thursday 24 June, Alpha is a series of 11 sessionsContinue reading “Online Alpha Course”
Local Christian book shop benefits from new online presence. The Book Well in East Belfast is one of 410 independent bookshops to share in the £1m profit generated in just four months by Bookshop.org. The book buying site empowers socially conscious shoppers to financially support independent bookshops when shopping online. Located on the Belmont Road, TheContinue reading “The Book Well”
The service for this year’s World Day of Prayer on Friday 5 March has been …