Local Dundonald Arts Club meets regularly in St Molua’s parish hall. Its programme includes a balance of talks and demonstrations to suit a wide range of artistic interests and this year will include a selection of known and loved favourites as well as a number of new, exciting and talented artists who will be making their first visit to the club.
You don’t have to be an artist to join, just have an interest in art. Members meet from September to May at 7.30pm on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month and occasional Saturday mornings.
- The next evening meetings will be on Wednesday 9 March, 23 March and 6 April 2022.
- The Club’s Annual Exhibition will be held at St Molua’s from Thursday 7 to Saturday 9 April 2022.
- The Club’s Annual General Meeting will be held on Wednesday 11 May 2022.
Guests and new members are very welcome. For more information see the club’s Facebook page at:
News from Dundonald Arts Club
- Our meeting at St. Molua’s on 9 March 2022 has a change of demonstrating artist. Colin Gibson is unable to attend due to a recent operation, however, we are very pleased that Sam Fleming has agreed to step in as a very able replacement. The meeting starts at 7.30pm as usual. Sam Fleming is a contemporary visual artist based in Belfast. His work has been exhibited extensively in Ireland, the UK and the USA. He has conceived and curated collaborative projects with artists from London, New York and California. His work is contained in a number of public and private collections. Sam tutors widely in Northern Ireland and will be well known to DAC members.
- On 22 February 2022 at Alison McQuade will be with us to give an insight into her works and methods. Alison is a well-known member of DAC and a past winner of the Founder’s Trophy. She frequently sells her work at local exhibitions and has shown and sold at the RUA exhibition at the Ulster Museum. Alison works primarily in watercolour, producing strong vibrant washes of deep colour.
- We are very pleased to say that Bill Gatt has agreed to paint for us on Wednesday 8 December 2021. Bill is a great friend of DAC and always demonstrates great panache, fun, and enthusiasm. He will be sure to entertain as he has mooted painting a self-portrait with a mirror, something that he recommends to all artists. It should be a fun evening for all. The demonstration will start at 7.30pm as usual in St Molua’s church hall. Hope to see you there.
- On Wednesday 27 November 2021 our demonstrator was Stephen Jamison who is an artist living in Newtownabbey, Co Antrim. DAC would like to thank Stephen for his very entertaining demo in oils painting a young African girl with a headdress.
- On Wednesday 10 November 2021 at St. Molua’s, Grahame Booth will be demonstrating for us in watercolour. Grahame is very well known within DAC and certainly needs no introduction. The demonstration starts at 7.30pm as usual.
- On Wednesday 27 October 2021 we have a demonstration by Stephen Jamison. Stephen is a former member of the Arts Society of Ulster, has had his paintings displayed in RUA exhibitions, and had several solo exhibitions of his work. His favourite subjects are wildlife and portraiture. On Wednesday evening Stephen will be doing a portrait study in oils. As usual, our meeting is in St. Molua’s church hall, starting time 7.30pm.
St Molua’s Church
Parish of Stormont
645 Upper Newtownards Road
Belfast BT4 3LR
Tel: 028 9041 9171
Parish Office open: Wednesday from 10.00am to 12 noon
Church open: Wednesday from 10.00am to 12 noon and for services.
Registered with The Charity Commission for Northern Ireland NIC102374