I hope this finds you safe and well.
A year has now passed since the first lockdown. We still find ourselves in challenging times, and many people will have had their faith challenged during this past year. Please remember that I am available by email and phone if you feel you would like to get in touch about any pastoral or prayerful issues.
As more and more people get vaccinated, hope is on the horizon for certain things to return to some sense of normality.
And as Easter approaches, the greatest hope of all is the hope that we as ‘Easter people’ place in the risen Lord Jesus Christ. The recent statement of the four Northern Ireland Bishops announced a ‘cautious and careful return’ to in-person worship over the Easter period.
I am pleased to say that St Molua’s will reopen on Easter Day for a service at 10.30am as we joyfully celebrate the resurrection.
As before, we have adopted a careful and cautious approach to the church reopening, with risk assessments in place.
- We will continue to observe 2 metre social distancing (limited numbers able to attend).
- Contact tracing details (name and telephone number) will be taken of all attendees.
- Face coverings are to be worn (unless medically exempt) when entering and exiting the building and for the duration of the services.
- Hand sanitiser is to be used on entering and exiting the church building.
- Our choir have been busy recording (in small groups as restrictions allow) to enable us to listen to recorded music during our services. Following the cautious approach, we continue to suspend ‘live’ singing.
If you do not feel able to return to the church building, please be assured that our online and phone worship services will continue.
During Holy Week we plan to post a daily hymn or piece of music recorded by Audrey and our choir. We pray that you will be blessed by this short time of reflection as you focus on the words which echo the Easter gospel readings.
Also during Holy Week, the Diocese will be posting an outreach series called VOICES, we will post a link on our website and Facebook pages. This will be a daily message from 8 different speakers including a couple of songs and an opportunity for response. It will run from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday (inclusive). Please feel free to share this information.
For your diary:
Our Easter General Vestry meeting will be held after a short service in the church on Wednesday 14th April at 8.00pm. Everyone is welcome to attend. Only registered vestry members are eligible to vote.
A diocesan online Alpha Course will begin on Thursday 15th April and will be led by Jim Fleming.
Please do continue to check our website and Facebook for any further updates.
I look forward to seeing you all again soon. Stay safe, and please be assured of my prayers.
May you and those you love, be blessed this coming Holy Week and Easter.
Yours in Christ,